I am not a quiche expert, but Evie is. The other day we spent a Sunday working the perfect quiche dough and then applying those studies on one fishy and one vegetarian types of quiches. Again, I may not be the expert, but I get to know all secrets after this session and I know for real, I am good at eating them!
Those little babies started earlier as a dough that rested an hour in the fridge, then blind-baked with stones from a Greek island. They were filled with spinach and cashews; because we love both of them; and salmon and shrimps, for exactly the same reason. I don’t know which one I loved most; both are my all time favorites.
Little quiches are juicy, crispy and absolutely addictive. After eating them the whole day, I still returned home with 8 of them, which were eaten during the next day! Beware of too much unexpected butter in the metabolism. Be nice to yourself; eat only a couple of them in a day and with lots of green salad aside!
We had raclette cheese at home, but you can use any type; mozzarella, gouda, swiss or goat cheese. But raclette is recommended in those combinations since it’s characteristically sweet & sour and creamy. That’s everything you ever want in a quiche; a topping smelly enough but not that much.
You need to focus on preventing the quiche from getting soggy by reducing the moisture in the vegetables and seafood. In this case, tap dry the spinach after washing. Also roast the salmon and shrimp until they lose some water. I get my cashew nuts unroasted, to avoid additional salt and palm oil. They taste as good when you roast them yourself!
- 1 cup of cream
- 3 eggs
- pinch of salt
- pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 100 gr raclette cheese, chopped into cubes
For Spinach Cashew Quiche
- half kilo of fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 100 gr unroasted cashew nuts
For Salmon Shrimp Quiche
- 250 gr salmon
- 200 gr shrimps, peeled
Salmon Shrimp & Spinach Cashew Quiche Recipe
- Put spinach into a large bowl, add water and vinegar. Let it sit for some minutes, then wash the spinach.
- Roast the cashew on a pan and then roughly chop.
- Add cubed salmon and shrimps into a pan, lightly cook
- Beat the eggs and cream. Add salt and pepper.
- Spinach Keshu Preparation: Add spinach and nuts to the half of the cream egg mixture, mix. Add 1/3 of the cubed cheese.
- Salmon Shrimp Preparation: Add salmon and shrimps to the other half of the cream egg mixture, mix. Add 1/3 of the cubed cheese.
- Pour the mixtures separately in your blind cooked and then cooled piecrusts. Place the rest of the cheese cubes on the top evenly.
- Heat the oven and place the quiche. Bake for 25 minutes until the cheese is browned.
- Let it cool and take it out of the pie pan. Ready to serve!