You know what will make you feel better and productive? Making the new Peeping Tummy post! – This is what Nora said today and yes, she couldn’t be more right. Here we go, fresh fava beans in Turkish style olive oil cold cuisine, a la mamma. From my mum’s kitchen.
Here we are finally in May; this is the time when fresh onion, fresh garlic, asparagus, fresh fava beans, artichoke, knotweed, purslane, sea bean salicornia, crocus, mustard green, nettle, chicory and wild spinach appears in gardens and farmers markets. At least in the Mediterranean climate area. Meaning it’s time to fill the artichokes with fresh fava beans, making fava salads and meshed fresh fava meze. This recipe is a simply delicious celebration of wonderful fresh fava and pea along with dill; should be served with virgin olive oil, and must be eaten in room temperature.
- 300 gr fresh fava beans
- 150 gr fresh pea
- 1 medium size onion
- 6-7 tbs virgin olive oil
- half lemon juice
- 4-5 tbs chopped fresh dill
Fresh Fava Beans Recipe
- Shell the beans, add water a bit higher than the beans and boil 7-8 minutes on medium fire until they’re semi-done. Put them in cold water and wait 4-5 min
- Shell the peas and cut onion into small cubes
- Put onion in a pot, cook in olive oil until golden. Add fava beans and pea on the top. Sprinkle with salt and 2 tbs olive oil. Boil with enough water to cover the beans.
- When beans are soft, turn off the fire. Wait until it’s cold.
- Add dill, more olive oil and lemon juice when cold. Serve in room temperature.
Oh I know it’s almost the same photo, but doesn’t it make you just happy?